Ohio State CFAES Names Distinguished Seniors
||Ohio Ag News Headlines
Ohio Ag Connection - 03/24/2020
Twenty-five students have been named 2020 Distinguished Seniors at The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES).
The award honors top graduating seniors on the Ohio State Columbus campus who exemplify the CFAES mission in areas such as academics and scholarship, research and innovation, service and involvement, and influence and leadership.
"The Distinguished Senior Award is the most prestigious undergraduate award in CFAES," said Steven Neal, CFAES professor and associate dean for academic programs. "Recipients are our future innovators and leaders who have already made an impact within the academic environment at this university and beyond."
Listed below are the Distinguished Seniors, including their academic units, majors, and hometowns.
Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership
- Caleb Hickman, agriscience education, Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Meredith Oglesby, agricultural communication, Hillsboro, Ohio
- Marlee Stollar, agriscience education, Marietta, Ohio
Department of Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics
- Mary Buehler, agribusiness and applied economics, Anna, Ohio
- Katie Garen, agribusiness and applied economics, Mount Sterling, Ohio
Department of Animal Sciences
- James Constantino, animal sciences, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Kady Davis, animal sciences, Carrollton, Ohio
- Caleb Rykaczewski, animal sciences, Mentor, Ohio
- Emilia Sgambati, animal sciences, Farmington Hills, Mich.
- Hailey Snyder, animal sciences, Boardman, Ohio
Department of Entomology
- Hannah McKenzie, entomology, Westerville, Ohio
Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Asaad Ahmad, construction systems management, Columbus, Ohio
- Matthew Klopfenstein, food, agricultural and biological engineering, Marysville, Ohio
- Tanner Matthews, agricultural systems management, Ohio City, Ohio
- Louis Mezzopera, construction systems management, Chardon, Ohio
- Rex Tietje, agricultural systems management, Deshler, Ohio
Department of Food Science and Technology
- Simone Fishel, food science and technology, Dublin, Ohio
- Jenna Fryer, food science and technology, North Syracuse, N.Y.
- Megan Gregg, food science and technology, West Chester, Ohio
- Amber Zehringer, food business management, Greenville, Ohio
Department of Horticulture and Crop Science
- Patrick Lynch, professional golf management, Marysville, Ohio
- Rose Vagedes, sustainable plant systems, agronomy, Fort Recovery, Ohio
Department of Plant Pathology
- Isaac Knowles, plant health management, Marysville, Ohio
School of Environment and Natural Resources
- Callia Tellez, environmental policy and decision making, Dayton, Ohio
- Lauren Trapani, environment, economy, development and sustainability, Old Orchard Beach, Maine
An awards dinner to recognize all 25 winners was planned for March 25, but has been canceled due to COVID-19.
"The safety of our community is our top priority," Neal said. "We are deeply sorry the planned celebration will not occur; however, this honor and these students remain an important focus of our college. Their commitment to their education and dedication to their time as an undergraduate student will still be recognized with a special award package that will be mailed to each student."
In autumn 2019, there were 2,486 undergraduate students in CFAES pursuing 22 majors and 31 minors.
Send this article to a friend
Copyright © 2020 - Farms.com. All Rights Reserved.